Keeping up with the content, I’ve been tagged! Granted, it’s a bit late but………. thank you so much Rebecca for thinking of me!
1. WHAT IS THE LONGEST AMOUNT OF TIME YOU CAN COMFORTABLY GO WITHOUT PICKING UP A BOOK?
A week. But I know if I force myself to read when I don’t want to, nine times out of ten I’ll put myself into an even BIGGER slump.
2. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU CARRY ON YOUR PERSON (OR KINDLE) AT ANY ONE TIME?
I don’t carry physical books with me (I can never read around people to begin with… they talk to much) but I have the Kindle app and….. We’re not counting how many books are on there… #toomuchwork.
3. DO YOU KEEP EVERY BOOK YOU BUY/RECEIVE OR ARE YOU HAPPY TO PASS THEM ON TO MAKE SPACE FOR MORE?
I just recently gave a bunch of books to a friend of mine and felt so proud????? But occasionally I’ll send them off to people, I was especially wild during the #bookishwish phase on Twitter.
4. HOW LONG WOULD YOU SPEND IN A BOOKSHOP ON A STANDARD VISIT?
I try to keep it to a minimum, I don’t like leaving the house to begin with and I start to get a headache… which is why I always and forever am an online shopper.
5. HOW MUCH TIME PER DAY DO YOU ACTUALLY SPEND READING?
At the most, 5 hours. Unless I’m binging a bunch of smut… that’s an all day thing. Or if I’m listening to an audiobook, I like to knock those out in one go.
Which… the longest audiobook I’ve ever listened to without stopping was 13-15 hours????
6. WHERE DOES THE TASK ‘PICKING UP A BOOK’ APPEAR ON YOUR DAILY TO-DO LIST?
It usually happens in the afternoon unless it’s a work day, then I’ll probably knock 100 pages out a around 9a.m. – 10 a.m.
7. HOW MANY BOOKS DO YOU RECKON YOU OWN IN TOTAL (INCLUDING EBOOKS)?
Again, too much work to count
but over 500 for sure.
8. APPROXIMATELY HOW OFTEN DO YOU BRING UP BOOKS IN CONVERSATION?
I used to try all the time before I realized no one I talk to cares??
So not that often unless I’ve read a really emotional book, then I’ll badger my mother with feelings.
9. WHAT IS THE BIGGEST BOOK (PAGE COUNT) YOU HAVE FINISHED READING?
According to Goodreads, it’s still Winter at 827 pages. I don’t think I’ll ever achieve that greatness again.
Update: If I managed to read either Queen of Air and Darkness
which I own or Priory of the Orange Tree which I do not own I can beat my record.
10. IS THERE A BOOK YOU HAD TO GET YOUR HANDS ON AGAINST ALL ODDS (I.E., SEARCHING BOOKSHOPS, ONLINE DIGGING, ETC)?
The Golem and the Jinni. Keep in mind, it was easy to find… it was just realllyyyyyyy expensive. So I searched high and low for a copy with a manageable price and found it.
Same with The Song of Achilles, it was a specific cover I wanted and it was so hard??? to find??? But I found it and it’s fine.
11. A BOOK YOU STRUGGLED TO FINISH BUT REFUSED TO DNF?
Wowwww…… um… the first one that comes to mind is A Sorrow Fierce and Falling???
and it’s wild that’s my most popular review on Goodreads… not saying it’s that popular or anything.
12. WHAT ARE THREE OF YOUR MAIN BOOK GOALS FOR 2019?
I already made a resolution post and a check in post sooooooooooooo check ’em out right???????????
13. HAVE YOU EVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF CONVERTING SOMEONE INTO A READER (MAYBE VIA INSPIRATION OR INCESSANT NAGGING)?
No, sadly. But I did convince my mom to read The Book Thief, so I probably should count that?
14. DESCRIBE WHAT BOOKS MEAN TO YOU IN FIVE WORDS.
A friend in desperate times.
That was really badly worded but five words amirite???
Guess who I’m tagging…?
It’s been a while since I’ve done a tag, let alone actually tagged anyone
I’m a bit lazy so…. we’re doing things here.